Collection Development Policy
Collection development is a continuous process. The library acquires Books both in Print and electronic ( in the form CDs as well as Online), Scientific Reports, Scientific Magazines, Periodicals in both Print and Online, Online databases etc., related subject interest of Institute.
Acquisition of Books:
· Procurement of books, reports etc. is a routine and continuous process throughout the year. Books and other reading materials are procured mostly on the recommendations of faculty members and the Librarian. Faculty may indent books on the prescribed Performa online and forward it to the Librarian / Convener, Library Committee (LC). The Librarian will submit the indents online to the Library Committee with remarks if needed after checking duplicates available in library for consideration and recommendation. In case of Text Book, one copy for five students (5:1) ratio will be followed subject to change from time to time.
· Students/Research Scholars may also recommend the books for procurement provided their recommendation is endorsed by their Faculty advisor / Head of the Department (HOD) )/ Convener, Library Committee.
· The indents with recommendations of the LC will be submitted to the Director for approval to place supply order.
In order to have exposure to the faculty, Research Scholars and students on latest books published in their subject area, the library organizes Book exhibition twice in year, mostly in the month of February and August. In this exhibition only Institute Empanelled Book vendors are invited to display the latest book. The following is the list of approved Empanelled Vendors for the year 2015-2017.
· Today & Tomorrow’s Printers and Publishers, New Delhi – 110 002
· Mehul Book Sales, Pune 411 002
· Atlantic Publishers & Distributors (P) LTD, New Delhi- 110 002
· Techniz Book International, New Delhi-110019
· Narendra Book Agency, Distributors , Delhi-110006 (India
· Intercontinental Book Agency ,New Delhi-1100 02
· Shankar’s Book Agency Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi – 110 002
· International Book Centre, New Delhi – 110 002
· Overseas Press (INDIA) Pvt. Ltd. ,New Delhi-110002
Subscription of Journals / Databases
· Subscription of Journals or Databases is usually for the calendar Year i.e from January to December. The Library takes the requirement of new Journals from Faculty in the month of October /November on-line in prescribed Performa. Already subscribed journals will be renewed only after checking the usage statistics. List of both new and old journals with usage and price will be submitted to Library Committee with remarks of library if needed after checking duplicates available in library for consideration and recommendation.
· Students/Research Scholars may also recommend the Journal/ database for subscription provided their recommendation is endorsed by their Faculty advisor / Head of the Department (HOD)/ Convener, Library Committee.
· The indents with recommendations of the LC will be submitted to the Director for approval to place subscription order.
IISER Mohali library strictly follows ‘Zero” vendor policy in subscription of Journals / databases. It directly deals only with Publisher or Exclusive Agency of publisher in India. IISER Mohali library is the core member of IISER Consortium, INDEST-AICTE Consortium (not exists now), e-Shodsindhu ( MHRD Project , hosted at INFLINBET, Gandhinagar ). Through these consortia, the library subscribes the package of journals of various publishers on discounted rates. As a core member of e-Shodsindhu , the IISER Mohali is getting some core resources on free of cost ( e-Shodsindhu is paying on behalf of IISER Mohali).